It’s officially football season at our house! My husband is a football coach (his dream career) and he’s a good one too! I’m so proud of him working so hard and successfully living his dream career! High school football practice is in full swing, football camps are happening every other week, and we are quickly nearing the fall when football games will resume as our family weekend activity! I love our football family!He loves football and I love him. Football is his life, so it’s our life!
This is his third year coaching football so I’ve happily settled into my groove as Coach’s wifey. I swing by his hot football practices with cold gatorades or cokes, dinner, sometimes staying to watch him do his thing on the field. I love watching him interact with his athletes and watching them respond to him as their coach that they respect and admire. His games are so fun to attend too because I love watching him call the plays and get worked up and excited as the game progresses. And of course I especially love it when they win!
It’s pretty awesome how contrasted our two world are yet how perfectly we go together. Just this week, I went from a all things pink and girly photoshoot with some other fashion bloggers straight to football practice and burgers with my man. Our life this wonderful mix of my fashion blog, entrepreneurial endeavors, and DIY projects, mixed with his football team, busy sports schedule and classes! I love how different we are and that being together enlarges both of our worlds and keeps us so balanced and happy!
I think this sporty Shabby Apple dress perfectly suits my role as Coach’s wifey: cute and totally sporty! It’s called the Kickoff Dress which I think is perfectly named! (You know me, I’ve got this thing for awesome names!) It’s made of a thicker polyester making it perfect for cooler fall nights. (I’m so excited for the fall!) I styled it with a Peruvian bag from La Pionera, canvas/gold flats and aviators from Ross. My lashes here were done by Amazing Lash Studio in American Fork. These beautiful photos were taken by talented Utah photographer Diana Putnam Photography.
If you’re going to be attending lots of games this season I have a few tips!
Functional Sporty Style Tips:
- Cover Up – The sun will get’cha so cover up your neck, shoulders, and upper arms where the rays are guaranteed to scorch
- Loose-fitting – loose-fitting clothing allows for whatever breeze there is to help cool you down
- Flats & Sandals – you never know when you’re going to be parking a mile away, hiking the bleachers, or jump up and down
- Team Colors – wear your team’s colors or sporty neutrals like white & grey
- Stripes – you can’t get any sportier than big, bold stripes!
What to keep in your trunk as a football wife/mom/fan:
- Gameday Bag – have a cute gamebag ready to go with everything you need to be gameday ready:
- Water bottle / Soda (for you and your boy)
- Good Book / Magazine
- Notebook for taking stats
- Sunnies or a Visor/Hat – squinting at that bright field and sky will leave your eyes tired and frown lines worn in
- Shade – find the shade or bring a big umbrella to make it
- Bleacher Seat – I have two of these and love them!
- Blanket – for extra padding on uncomfortable bleachers or for nights that get chilly
Bring on fall football! We’re ready!