This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyUnique4 #CollectiveBiasI have been obsessing over these artistic Diet Coke “It’s Mine” glass bottles ever since Coca-Cola rolled them out! Each bottle is different, meaning nobody else in the world has the same bottles I do! The Diet Coke is delicious, as always, but then these bottles are too pretty to throw away! Since these bottles are limited edition, I thought up Diet Coke “It’s Mine” DIY to keep them around and on display so I could continue enjoying mine forever!I decided to put these Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottles to use beautifying my home office space as jewelry displays! It was seriously so easy! This tutorial takes all of 15 minutes, only costs $6, and you don’t have to be a super crafter! They’d even make a great gift for a fellow Diet Coke lover!
DIY Diet Coke Lover Jewelry Stand Tutorial:
What You’ll Need:
- Diet Coke It’s Mine Bottle(s) [$1.99 each]: Go to Target and pick out a few of your favorite Diet Coke “It’s Mine” glass bottles. (Good luck with this part since you’re going to love a lot of them and no two bottles are the same!) You can ind them in a round Diet Coke shaped store display usually near the registers. If you buy 4 then you get 10% off at Target, just FYI (discounted at the register.)
- 12 Gauge Aluminum Wire [$3.69 / 3yd]: I found the wire I used at Michael’s. (Bead Landing brand.) It came in packages of 3 yards each. I used one package to make one necklace stand. So buy one package per stand you’d like to create.
- Needle-Nose Wire Cutters: You could find these almost anywhere but definitely at a home improvement store. These will serve both to bend the wire and to cut it.
How to Make a Diet Coke Jewelry Stand:
- Collect your materials. (Remember, you’ll need 3 yards of aluminum wire per necklace/earring stand and no wire for bracelet stands.)
- Drink the Diet Coke.*
- Unroll the aluminum wire.
- Use the wire cutters to cut your first piece to your desired length. (Keep in mind you will be curling the end which will shorten it.)
- Use the needle-nose of the wire cutters to grab the end of the wire and start curling it into a loop.
- Stop curling the wire when it reaches a desirable swirl. (You will get better at this as you go, my swirls improved each time.)
- Continue cutting and curling the wire until you have reached your desired number of swirls, each time cutting the wire at different lengths.
- Arrange your swirls in the empty diet coke bottle (with the swirls facing out like a flower arrangement) and then decorate with your lightweight necklaces and dangly earrings.
*My favorite step!
To make the bracelet stand version, no wire is needed. Simply buckle a watch around the diet coke bottle as the anchor, then layer on additional bracelets. They won’t slide all the way down the bottle because of the tight watch holding them up! Neat trick, right?!
My photographer Diana Putnam Photography shot these beautiful photos for me in my home office that I just finished redecorating! Post on all of that fun decor coming soon!
Have fun making your Diet Coke decor and tag me me on Instagram so I can see them too! @modestgoddess_